Hi there
On 4 July 2005 we had a major storm over the island and I managed to time-lapse film an arch cloud (rolwolk, Cumulonimbus arcus) with a small tornado (windhoos) connected to it.
you can find it at http://www.timelapse.nl/s1page.php?p=pag&pg_id=39 or through http://www.timelapse.nl
Thusfar I only know storms like these from Discovery Channell etcetera, and I always wondered why the cinematographers decided to sit in their cars when things got exciting. At the point where my shot ends, a massive wall of water was approaching, I had to grab myself to the fencepost where my camera was resting on and my feet almost got lifted in the air. I've never ever been running to my car this fast ...
Terschelling Tornado 4 July 2005
-
Dennis_2
excellent website and work!
Hey Jan!
I've visited your website.
Although still using a 28.8 modem, I downloaded
some of your movies and it is a great surprise!
Nice work! Thank you!
Dennis
Berlin
I've visited your website.
Although still using a 28.8 modem, I downloaded
some of your movies and it is a great surprise!
Nice work! Thank you!
Dennis
Berlin
- Daniel Ricke
- Beiträge: 1294
- Registriert: 21. Jan 2004, 15:51
- Wohnort: Hannover
Hi Jan!
Very nice timelapse-movie! Especially the two people, which are cycling extremely fast over the Deich (dijk?) made me laugh!
I can nearly hear what they were saying.....
"I told you yesterday, there are going to be thunderstorms today! We should have been staying at home and......". "Shut up, darling!!! You´d better tell me how to open this ****ing gate!!!"
This is real life.
But, Jan, please give me a hint....where is the tornado?
Viele Grüße
Daniel
Very nice timelapse-movie! Especially the two people, which are cycling extremely fast over the Deich (dijk?) made me laugh!
I can nearly hear what they were saying.....
"I told you yesterday, there are going to be thunderstorms today! We should have been staying at home and......". "Shut up, darling!!! You´d better tell me how to open this ****ing gate!!!"
This is real life.
But, Jan, please give me a hint....where is the tornado?
Viele Grüße
Daniel
Hi Daniel
The thing that in my view looks like a broad tornado is quite in the beginning of the clip, in the background behind the archcloud. I also detect a counterclockwise turning of that dark near-ground cloud.
I spoke to observers in the path and they reported cicular movement of wind and debris around them.
But wheteher it was a real tornado (we call it windhoos in the Netherlands) remains to be seen, the KNMI-specialists ae investigating that at the moment
The thing that in my view looks like a broad tornado is quite in the beginning of the clip, in the background behind the archcloud. I also detect a counterclockwise turning of that dark near-ground cloud.
I spoke to observers in the path and they reported cicular movement of wind and debris around them.
But wheteher it was a real tornado (we call it windhoos in the Netherlands) remains to be seen, the KNMI-specialists ae investigating that at the moment
-
Roland Harter
- Beiträge: 234
- Registriert: 9. Jan 2004, 15:44
- Wohnort: Dietenhofen (Mfr.) E 10° 40' 47.64" N 49° 23' 51.74"
Wer ist online?
Mitglieder in diesem Forum: 0 Mitglieder und 12 Gäste